Wednesday 2 March 2011

Angels, tea and chit chat



http://www.flickr.com/people/outragous-art/

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
Author Unknown

Funny how a grey day can turn unexpectedly bright and sunny! The most simple things can change an ordinary day into and extraordinary day.....and today turned out to be one of them! This week has been one of those ho hum tired & fed up times.....you know the feeling when all your 'get up and go, has got up and gone' I thought a bit of retail therapy would help, but as we all know after the initial adrenalin rush of admiring found dress, feeling the softness of fabric, discovering it fits like a glove....then parting with the cash, the euphoria of having the garment in the bag and in your hand wears off quickly. So you go off in search of yet another purchase.

Retail therapy is after all only a dressed up description of shopping ....therapy is something more concrete, I should know I am an expert after all the years I have been having it But the best therapy of all is spending time with real friends. Ones you can laugh with, cry with, and hug. 

Well after I came home, dumped bags on the hall floor and put the kettle on  3 friends unexpectedly dropped by to visit me. You know after a few hours chit chatting over tea and a cake I felt so much better. Inspired and uplifted I fell bright and happy again!

Yep....friends indeed are angels.....mine certainly were today....so thank you....you know who you are. Much love to you 3...and of course to all my other wonderful friends....maybe I will turn up on your doorstep and be your angel real soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment