Wednesday 16 March 2011

Cable cars and a Gaurdian Angel!



I have just come home from a lovely break in Madeira.....a very pretty volcanic island with very friendly people, although I am sure they have to have goat tendencies as the landscape is mountainous, rocky and  steep.... a walk up a very hilly part of town was   slightly embarrassing as I thought I was doing really well, until 2 local elderly ladies marched on at a fair old pace past me, onwards and upwards without stopping. As for me I had to take lots of photo opportunities!!! Mmmmmmmmmm a reminder to get back to the gym me thinks.


I took a cable car ride to the top of the mountains which started off a sunny pleasant ride. The further we went up the more misty it became, and the pretty view vanished. The cloud around us thickened and we found ourselves in torrential rain, oh dear, as I looked down at my feet I realised flip flops were not the right choice today.


Reaching the top the door on my car opened, I put one foot out to step off and there was a loud bang and a huge flash....we had been struck by lightning! The power went off and the rest of the cars ground to a halt and were left dangling in mid air. Someone was looking after me.....Although I conquered my fear of heights after climbing the Sydney Bridge, I do believe I would of panicked if I had of been  inside one of the stuck cabins. They swayed back and forth in the wind and rain waiting for power to return. Fortunately the wait was only 15mins, but 15mins to long for many. 


The cafe at the top was doing a roaring trade..... surprising how a cuppa and a piece of cake can put a smile back on peoples faces :) It wasn't long before the storm passed and I took the ride back down to town....Ohhhhhhh lunchtime, a glass of wine with it today.... medicinal, to calm me down of course....he he


My Nan told me when I was around 13 that I would always be taken care of as I had a guardian angel by my side. At the time I dismissed the thought as I found it quite scary, but as years have passed by I do feel a presence. So many situations have arisen but somehow I have had the courage to scrape through.....


Do you believe in Guardian Angels? I do....




The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they are gone.  ~George Elliot



No comments:

Post a Comment