Sunday 13 March 2011

Strawberry bags forever...





Here is the promised picture of my strawberry bag, which was brought in Brighton a few weeks ago for my birthday. I have quite a collection of unusual quirky bags, many of them using recycled materials. They have been created by artists from around the world, from as far away as Australia, Africa and Canada...and many from the UK. 


The detail is stunning on this bag, with little seed beads and coral individually stitched on to lovely silk fabric. A feast for the eyes!


Many of you know I have a passion for sunflowers, fairies, butterflies and strawberries so this little find was irresistible....We are of to Ascot again in June and I have the perfect dress sorted to compliment the bag and a lovely friend who happens to be a milliner will be making the hat! And no I will not be wearing strawberries on my head....but maybe a butterfly or two! Wacky maybe but Ascot is always a good excuse to dress up.


June is the English strawberry season so its quite appropriate really....just as well, as if it as say marrow or celeriac somehow it would not work so well....but maybe, just maybe I feel an idea coming along.......could be a winner one never knows......after all it would only need Lady Gaga to accessories an outfit with a vegetable bag then who knows where it might lead....Watch out world Maxine's Barmy Bags may be he hottest most wanted item in the fashion world next year......I live in hope....or more like cloud cuckoo land. hugs 4 smiles M x

     



No comments:

Post a Comment