Wednesday 16 February 2011

Secrets, hopes, dreams and setting sail......


My favourite beach to set sail my boats...when the light is right I make a wish
 and send it on its way.
 


My letter written, made into a boat ready to set sail across the miles to a very special friend indeed. Once I place it on the gentle waves it belongs to the sea, I stand and watch as it vanishes into the distance. Sometimes I may spot a seal, and my imagination runs riot, I wonder if the seal will help it on its way, keeping it safe, until it reaches its destination...fanciful I know, but forgive me I am an artist!!!


I have used the written word to express emotions, secrets hopes and dreams since I was a child. Words help me to put a unique stamp on  my work as I include stories in all my pieces. I have written and illustrated a few pages for a children's book, it still remains unfinished. But hey ho....one day it will be completed and hopefully published! 


I love to people watch and nosey in on conversations, I suppose we all do really, but I sit maybe in a tea shop, notebook and pencil in hand jotting down snippets of chit chat and sketching the scene, sometimes the people end up in my work, other times they  remain in a sketchbook to use as inspiration later. So next time you are sipping tea and see someone scribbling on a piece of paper, it may not be J.K. Rowling....it could be me!!!!


I thought you might like to make and sail your own boats so I have included a link for you, these will be easier to follow as my instructions after a glass of wine with lunch this afternoon may be a bit haphazard....he he

http://www.ehow.com/how_6551053_step_by_step-instructions-make-paper-boat.html

Happy Wednesday to you.....hugs 4 smiles M x

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you Maxine, on the waves in the sail boat mirroring yr imagination...don't stop with the children's book, it will be a masterpiece! Cx

    ReplyDelete