Tuesday 15 February 2011

One Birthday and a very dangerous cake!


Em is my youngest sons girlfriend, she is 18 today....it doesn't seem 2 minutes since I was that age....how time has flown since then. I brought her a few little pressies but wanted to make her something different.....so I created this 3 minute chocolate mug cake. Easy peasy....just measure out all the ingredients  mix together in the mug, microwave leave to cool and decorate! 

As I watched it rise in the microwave I thought maybe this was going to be a disaster as it started  to grow and spread very rapidly from the top of the mug. I imagined it rising to fill the whole of the oven,  but when the 3 mins were up the cake had risen to around 2inches above the rim of the mug.....wow I cant make cakes rise in the oven like this....maybe a new career direction for me ....he he...."The Mug Cake Queen", "Mugs Cakes R Us"...."Mugs and Smiles"....we we will see.

Next the best bit....decorating the cake. Melted plain chocolate, hundreds and thousands with a cherry on the top......perfect. I popped it into a cellophane bag, added ribbons and of course the recipe.

Oh you are probably wondering why its called a dangerous cake......well all of us now are minutes away from a chocolate cake!



 3 min Chocolate Mug Cake

1 mug
2 tbsps. flour
2 tbsps. sugar
1 tbsp Cocoa
1 egg
2-3 tbsps. milk
1 1/2 tbsps. oil
Choc chips or nuts (optional)

Add all dry ingredients to mug…mix well
Add egg and mix thoroughly
Add milk and oil mix well
 Add choc chips or nuts if you are using them
Put mug in microwave
Cook for 3 mins at 1000watts
The cake will rise over the top…don’t panic
Let cool and decorate or just turn onto a plate…eat it the way you want to….yummmmmm


5 comments:

  1. You are lovely Maxine and Em was chuffed to bits with her cake. She loves you all very much.

    Love to you and yours, Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane....the pics you put up were lovely....Em is a credit to you....hugs 4 smiles M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maxine you are maazing...always coming up with new ideas and creations...brilliant Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Maxine, I meant to say "you are AMAZING" but my fingers were working at a different speed to my brain! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol.....I often have what I call fat fingers....too big the keys on my keyboard!!!

    ReplyDelete