Sunday 3 April 2011

Cabbages and Sunflowers



Hello everyone :) I trust all is well in your world this weekend ? I have had a full week this week so no time to catch up with chit chat on my blog. I won't bore you with  the finer details of my life....suffice to say it has been rounds of annual health checks :( and catching up with friends :) :) Its so nice to spend time with pals you are comfortable with, chit chatting and putting the world to right over a cuppa and maybe a piece of cake! So a big thank you my lovely friends for your company this week.....you are all truly inspirational and a big hug for you ((((HUG))))


So cabbages and sunflowers....what is all this about you may ask....well its a title for a body of work that was inspired by 2 very good friends of mine a few years ago.


Both these pals dropped by unexpectedly, one with a huge bunch of sunflowers, she smiled gave them to me and said she had seen them that morning and  they reminded her of me so brought the oh so beautiful flowers (my favourite) to give to me later that day. They looked stunning in a tall vase sitting on the kitchen windowsill, their sunny faces smiling at me reminding me of a special friend.


                  
A few days later I had another pal drop by....she presented me with a bunch of tall ornamental cabbages. She said she felt these flowers were truly unique and reminded her of me! I arranged them in the same vase as the sunflowers and they looked stunning together. The lovely contrast of yellow, purple and green was stunning. Each morning the flowers made me smile, and remember these two lovely ladies. 


The colour combination inspired me to start a new sketch book, once again telling a story, capturing flowers and friends in my work. Below I have included a few pages from my book, I have used hand made coloured and textured papers, textile work and mixed media. The colours and textures became my mood board and I went on to  weave, knit and embroider a lovely body of work.



                                                                             






I think you will agree I have captured the sunflowers and cabbages in my very unique way! Have a happy Sunday and I will catch up real soon. Hugs 4 smiles M xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment