Tuesday 5 April 2011

Healthy eating and handbags!


Happy Wednesday to you all, and I hope the day has been bright and happy :) 

This is day 6 of a healthy eating plan....I have been making my own fruit and veg juices, and already my eyes are brighter and my skin is clearer, what is going on inside though I have no idea, my tummy does grumble a bit when it receives yet another glass of  mixed vegetables, it prefers the fruit juices and smoothies...

Some of the veggie ones have been a disaster, and many of them you have to shut your eyes to drink them as the green/grey sludge lacks appeal, but hey ho I figure its doing me good! 
 

Take 1 apple, 1 lemon, half a cucumber, 1stick of celery, 1 carrot and whizz through your juicer. Pour over ice into a tall glass and decorate with greenery and a slice of orange....shut eyes and drink!
Actually this one was really nice despite the lovely mud colour!
If you are going on a juice detox restrict your carrot intake as apparently your skin can turn a nice shade of orange! Good colour for Halloween! 


So now we come to handbags! As you al know I am an Artist, and most of my work involves recycling techniques where ever possible. The last time I did a juice detox I brought commercial brands. I cleaned and stored the empty cartons knowing that one day I would find a use for the unwanted rubbish.

I had one of those bright idea moments and a bag was born. The waxed cartons were harder to stitch together that I had envisaged, so my patience was stretched to the limit at times. Anyway perseverance paid off and the bag was finished.
 I have since had 3 commissions to make these little gems...who says there is no money in rubbish!


hugs for smiles M x





















No comments:

Post a Comment