Thursday 25 August 2011

Cloud Cuckoo Land, courage and moving on!



Cloud Cuckoo Cottage is set in a pretty row of terraces in Cromer, North Norfolk. The name is very apt for me as after 3 years of living in cloud cuckoo land inside my head, it seems I am taking a few steps forward. Its not easy by any means...like the Lion in The Wizard of Oz  I seem to of lost my courage somewhere along the way like he did. Some days just getting to the local supermarket becomes an ordeal, which is very frustrating as it was not so long ago I would reach for the moon and follow dreams. I feel like a little bird in a cage....but I know I have the wings to fly and make changes.
So I am at the crossroads right now, I can either stay the way I am....or embrace the future, and live my life. My Aunt threw those words at me over the weekend, and yes she is right, I can either sit around waiting for God, of go for it and embrace life as I did a few years ago. Of course there are many changes, children are adults now, and no longer need my full attention, The house still feels so unfamiliar after the restoration...if you don't know we had a major house fire 3 years ago, and I find myself almost guarding my nest in case it happens all over again. I no longer have my dogs to walk each day and so much of my creativity has vanished. But I am sure it will all come back and hit me on the head. he he
Last week I has a 2 day adventure of my own, a trip away was just what i needed to boost my self esteem. Facing my fears was not easy but the feeling afterwards was euphoric. No monsters those 2 days He he x
So onward and upward one day at a time. I have booked a short break to my favourite part of the world....yep you have guessed Norfolk. i will be taking part in a yoga and meditation workshop and after I am chilled and calm spend the next couple of days revisiting favourite familiar places and catching up with a very special friend.Maybe we will get to sail paper boats, throw found driftwood back into the sea on a new journey, and of course sip tea and eat cake in a steamy tea shop :)
Hopefully standing on my own 2 feet for a few days will be the foundations for a new confident journey ahead, and I will dance down that yellow brick road just like the lion with his friends. You never know I might even join my aunt and get a tattoo!!!! lol 


The next full moon is on the 12th September which will be the start of my trip....and I will be looking at that moon and making a wish and reaching up for new hopes and dreams.Watch this space :) Hugs 4 smiles M x


1 comment:

  1. Your music is amazing. You have some very talented artists. I wish you the best of success.
    stage relaxation méditation

    ReplyDelete