Thursday 23 June 2011

Hello once again :)



Hello everyone....how are you all? I have been busy lately and have had little time to myself to write on my blog. The 3 groups that meet here have been busy and creativity is in abundance, which in turn inspires and motivates me to be creative myself. These past 4 years have been difficult and that has resulted in my mind closing down and not allowing me to live my normal life. Hey ho that the way it goes sometimes.


We drove back up to Aberdeen again, this time to help move my daughter out from her apartment. She has finally graduated after 4 years of study. Back at home now she is seeking a job, although I get the feeling it wont be long before she returns to education as she has spoken about doing a Ph.D......SO only one more trip to the granite city for her graduation day....I feel another new dress is on the list...he he.


Last weekend saw us at Royal Ascot once again. And guess what.......I won a small amount on my first race :) The money was irrelevant but the joy of at last backing a horse that did not come last or fall was a thing of wonder and joy! I was so excited and returning back to our table I shared my excitement with the rest of our group. A glass of Champagne was poured and that's where my clumsiness took hold! Waving my arms around whilst talking often gets me into trouble and today was no exception.My hand made a connection with the glass....you know one glass of bubbly can go along way when its knocked over. That soon brought me back down to earth, and I sat down with a very red face! 
The arrival of the Royal party brought lots of hand clapping and cheering, which was nice. Also the fashion show that was put on in our restaurant was pretty spectacular too, with my favourite being the Vivienne Westwood collection, she is always a source of inspiration for me!


The next day we attended the last of day of a 3 day Hindu wedding. It certainly was a feast for the eyes with the most wonderful colourful, glittery saris on display. Although we were given a sheet written in English with all the ceremonies that we were going to see during the 2 hours I was still at a loss sometimes to know what was going on. All the same I would not of missed the experience, or the curry and the hospitality of wonderful people! Oh and the bride looked stunning and was very beautiful. I wish them all happiness for a long and happy life together :) 


Well that's it for now....later I am going to bore you once again on the subject of strawberries. Watch this space!!! 
Hugs 4 smiles M xx







No comments:

Post a Comment